You have questions
- Will I have enough money to keep up my normal lifestyle, or will I need to downsize?
- Do I need to change my investments before retirement?
- When should I take Social Security?
- Can I ever retire? Can I retire early? How many boats can I afford?
Even if you have a plan in place, you may want a second opinion before retiring. This is our way of providing an affordable retirement evaluation for clients who don't need ongoing financial planning.
We’ll give you answers
Planning for retirement is one of the most important and complex financial planning decisions you will ever face. Take some of the stress out of the process and let us help you navigate these questions. We know the pitfalls to avoid and the strategies to make the right choices, and we can give you experienced, impartial advice for a simple flat fee:
$2200 $1000 for the next two months - our post-tax season discount!
How it works
First, find out a little more about us. We want you to be 100% comfortable trusting us to give you the best advice. Google us if you like. Stalk us on Facebook. Or just give us a phone call (831-421-0700) to chat about your situation - make sure that a retirement review is the best next step before you retire.
IT'S TRUE: A lot of “advisors” are salespeople who work on commission. They might push you to buy their Gold-Plated Patriot Annuity for Smart People, or upsell you to their Double-Plus-Good Retirement Review. We think that's a bunch of baloney. We are a fee-only fiduciary, and our cost is transparent. The only way we get paid is by you directly, and the only advice we give is in your best interest.OUR PROMISE: We will never try to sell you any products or pressure you in any way. All we offer is our unbiased (and totally awesome) advice.
Once you call us to schedule your retirement readiness review, we will email you a questionnaire for you to fill out about your current financial situation. For example:
- What are your current assets and investments?
- Do you have a will or estate plan?
- Do you own a home or rental property?
- What are your main goals for retirement? What kind of projects will you need to budget for?
When you come in for the meeting, we will ask you to bring in some info for us to look over:
- Bank statements
- Investment account statements
- Last year’s tax return
- Any other documents you think are important
What we do for you
Before our meeting, we will look at all of the information you’ve given us and run a preliminary analysis of your assets and financial goals.
During our meeting, we will dive into your documents to analyze your current financial situation, discuss our recommendations for what to do before you retire, and answer some questions you might have:
- Review of assets – Am I paying too much in fees? Am I invested with an appropriate asset allocation?
- Social Security optimization calculations – When should I start taking Social Security, and how much will I get? What are spousal benefits and how does that work? How much more will I get if I delay taking Social Security benefits until 70?
- Monte Carlo Analysis of cashflow – Will I run out of money at my spending rate? How much will I need to downsize, if any?
- Health care cost considerations – Can I retire pre-Medicare?
- Retirement timing – Should I work part-time for a few more years? Will I be able to start my own business? Can I retire early?
- Family needs – Does it matter when my spouse retires?
- Financial goals – What do I really NEED in retirement? What do I WANT?
- Strategies for bridging the years between retirement and Social Security/Medicare - What the heck is a Required Minimum Distribution and do I have to take it? How do I get my money out of my IRA?
- Estate planning – How can I leave the most to my heirs? What is the best way to donate to charity? Should I gift my house to my kids or leave it for them to inherit?
After our meeting, we will give you:
- A list of action items for you to get ready for retirement
- Copies of our analysis of your investments and cashflow
- Summaries of the strategies we recommend for your personal situation
- A complete personalized Retirement Timeline that will guide you through your early retirement years, step by step
Our goal is for you to leave our office completely confident in your path towards retirement. With our plan, you will know what you need to do, when, and how to do it. And then the only thing you need to worry about is remembering to bring your sunscreen to the beach.
For the next two months, we are offering our retirement readiness review for a flat fee of $1000 (limited spots available, please call to see if we have availability). That's more than half off our regular price, because it's the end of tax season and we can't think of a better way to celebrate than by planning your retirement. Give us a call and let's start! 831-421-0700